The Fine Print
- We include a non-refundable $75 per person permit fee for Pack Creek Reservations made from July 5 – August 25.
- If a tour is unable to fly due to weather or if there is only a single person booked, and guest/guests can’t be accommodated on another departure, there will be a full refund (minus the $75 fee if applicable).
- Cancellations made at least 15 days in advance will receive full credit or refund of the tour price, (minus the $75 Pack Creek fee if applicable);
- 3-14 days in advance, a 50 percent refund;
- Less than 72 hours in advance, no refund.
The situation with COVID is rapidly improving. We devoloped the following guidance before the vaccine rollout began, and we will likely update this again this spring. Please call with any questions.
Before your trip
- Make smart decisions about your travel. Travel involves inherent risks of transmission that can reduced but not be eliminated.
- Follow relevant state and local guidance for travelers. Alaska’s travel requirements for testing and quarantining.
- Have a plan for if you get exposed or sick and are unable to travel home.
- We maintain a guest to guide ratio of 5:1. This may result in participants being from different households. If this is a concern to you, please contact us to determine whether alternate arrangements can be made.
- Review our full plan. This is where we lay out our policies for hygiene, sanitizing, and screening ourselves. Our full plan will be available on our website.
- Complete a health screening that your guide will issue prior to the trip.
- Guests must agree not to participate in the tour activity if they exhibit current symptoms of COVID 19; have been in contact with someone that has tested positive with a case of COVID-19 or been in contact with someone in the past 14 days who are; a recovering case and are less than 14 days from the onset.
- Get a vaccine (if possible)! We expect all of our guides and pilots will be vaccinated by May.
During your Trip
- Cover your face in enclosed spaces to keep your guide and fellow guests safe: We expect that you’ll wear a face covering in the van, gear room, aircraft, and when in extended close proximity to other guests in the field. The guide will provide a mask if you don’t have one.
- Keep distance when possible: The guide will encourage social distancing between households whenever practicable during the tour. However, distancing is not feasible in many cases due to space limitations and bear safety protocols. This includes transport via passenger van to and from the airport, in the gear room, via float plane and in the field.
- Keep your hands clean: The guide will make hand sanitizer available throughout the trip. Guests are also encouraged to carry their own and use it.
After your trip
- If you have signs or symptoms of Covid 19 or have a positive Covid 19 test result within 14 days after your trip please contact us so that we can inform the guide and other participants of their exposure.
COVID Refund Policy
- Pack Creek trips between July 5 and August 25 include a $75/person permit fee that is non-refundable.
- You may cancel your trip and receive a 100% refund up to 15 days prior to your trip, excluding non-refundable permit fees. Excluding the exceptions listed below, cancellations made between 14 days and 3 days prior may receive a 50% refund. Cancellations made less than 72 hours in advance do not receive a refund.
- If you are not feeling well, please do not come on the trip.
- Clients who are experiencing signs or symptoms of Corvid 19 and contact PCBT more than 72 hours prior to tour departure will receive 100% refund, excluding permit fees.
- Clients who are experiencing signs or symptoms of Corvid 19 and contact PCBT less than 72 hours of tour departure may receive 75% of their tour cost.
- All flight operations are conducted by Alaska Seaplanes, a common carrier.
Bear Tours and Bear Country
- Bears may be encountered at any time when we’re on the ground. These are wild animals and we will do our best to work with you to enhance the safety of the experience, however, these activities contain inherent risks.
- Bears may not be encountered! We do not guarantee bear sightings, as these are autonomous wild animals in a wild setting.
- All clients will be required to follow the safety policies and procedures of Pack Creek Bear Tours (“P.C.B.T.”);
- All clients will be required to sign a Participant Release of Liability, Waiver of Claims, Assumption of Risks and Indemnity Agreement in favor of P.C.B.T. before departing on any trip; and
- Each client agrees and acknowledges when they sign up for an P.C.B.T. activity that they have significant responsibility for their own safety and that they agree they are ULTIMATELY RESPONSIBLE for their own safety during participation in an activity.
Please get in touch if you’d like to discuss any element of your trip.