TRACY ARM WILDERNESS FJORD EXPLORER
Alaska’s Glacial Yosemite See the ice-sculpted granite cliffs and active glaciers of the Tracy Arm Wilderness. This is one of the most dramatic fjords in southeast Alaska, where mountain goats scale 2000-foot-high walls above icy waters.
Weather depending, we may also explore the forested caynons and mountain peaks between Juneau and Tracy Arm. Once in the fjord, we’ll fly by the waterfalls that pour from mountain lakes and see the glaciers that are still actively carving this landscape.
Why tracy arm Flight
- Explore the deep fjords of Tracy Arm Fords Terror Wilderness. Sheer cliffs, waterfalls, and tidewater glaciers.
- Personalized map orientation and route discussion. You will meet your pilot in our gear room for introductions. While in the air, you will be able to talk with your group and the pilot will point out features of interest.
- Two hours of dramatic flightseeing.
- Individual bookings welcome. Requires a minimum of 2 bookings.
- $499 per person
Tracy arm flight Need to Know
- Flight time is approximately two hour, which gives us time to reach the fjords and glaciers. Be sure to have your camera out for the outstanding views! If you have special features of interest, be sure to let us or your pilot know in advance. Otherwise, we will make a route to highlight the best that there is to see.
- You will meet your pilot for an orientation at the Juneau Airport. Here you’ll have a chance to introduce yourself, get to know your pilot, and explore maps of the area and our route. We can provide a downtown pick up and drop off if requested.
- The pilot will escort you to the airplane and take off from the “float pond,” the water runway used by seaplanes. The route for the day will be weather dependent and the pilot will determine a route to show you the best scenery. If weather prevents the trip from flying, we will issue a full refund.