JUNEAU ICEFIELD EXPLORER
Juneau’s Glaciers on a Breathtaking Scenic Flight. Explore the glaciers that flow from the rugged peaks of the Juneau Icefield. Your float plane adventure will take you from the ocean and into a world of ice. An essential Juneau experience.
This is, in our opinion, the quickest most amazing flight you can do in southeast Alaska. There is an incredible world of ice and mountains just behind the lush forests and waters of Juneau. When we have friends or family come visit, this is the flight to impress them.
While the Juneau Icefield isolates Juneau from northern British Columbia. The Taku River is one of the few major rivers that punch through the Coastal Range. These glaciers and rivers are part of a significant geography of human and wildlife in Alaska.
Why Juneau Icefield Explorer
- Awesome glaciers and mountains a short flight from Juneau. Flight highlights include glaciers, waterfalls, mountains, sculpted granite cliff walls
- Personalized trip. Meet your pilot for pre-trip introductions, map, and flight orientation in our gear room. In the air, you will be able to talk to your fellow passengers as the pilot points out features of interest.
- 50 min of dramatic flightseeing
- Water take-off and landing from our float pond at the Juneau Airport.
- $299 per person. Individual bookings welcome. Requires a minimum of 2 bookings to fly.
The Juneau icefield Explorer Need to Know
- Flight time is approximately 50 minutes, be sure to have your camera out for the outstanding views! If you have special features of interest, be sure to let us or your pilot know in advance. Otherwise, we will make a route to highlight the best that there is to see.
- We can arrange downtown pickups by request, and you’ll meet your pilot for an orientation to flying in Alaska in our gear room at the Juneau Airport. Here you will have a chance to introduce yourself, get to know your pilot, and explore maps of the route.
- The pilot will drive your group down to the “float pond,” the water runway for seaplanes. The route for the day will be weather dependent and the pilot will determine a route to show you the best scenery. If weather prevents the trip from flying, we will issue a full refund.