GLACIER BAY NATIONAL PARK
National Park Seaplane Adventure. Go deep into the wild to see the world-famous Glacier Bay from the air. Beyond the towering face of the glaciers is a dynamic land of ice, mountain, wildlife, and vibrant Native Culture.
Glacier Bay is vast and rugged. Most people only see the scenery and glaciers from the water, but our flight reveals how vast glaciers are flowing around the massive mountains. From the air you can see how ice has shaped this landscape.
The glaciers and mountains in Glacier Bay mark the transition from southeast Alaska to “the lost coast,” the vast mountainous wilderness of the Fairweather Range, the Wrangell St. Elias Range, and thousands of unnamed peaks and glaciers.
Why Glacier Bay National Park Flight
- Explore a vast Wilderness, a world-famous National Park and a UNESCO World Heritage site. Awesome glaciers, mountains, and fjords.
- Personalized trip. Meet your pilot at the Gustavus Airport for pre-trip introductions and a map and flight orientation. In the air, you will be able to talk to your fellow passengers as the pilot points out features of interest.
- Approximately 1 hour of dramatic flightseeing to reach some of the most scenic parts of the Park that cannot be seen from the water.
- By Charter. Inquire for Pricing.
Glacier bay flight Need to Know
- Flight time is approximately one hour, which gives us time to reach the dramatic mountains and glaciers north of Gustavus. Be sure to have your camera out for the outstanding views! If you have special features of interest, be sure to let us or your pilot know in advance. Otherwise, we’ll make a route to highlight the best that there is to see.
- You will meet your pilot for an orientation at the Gustavus Airport. Here you will have a chance to introduce yourself, get to know your pilot, and explore maps of the area and our route.
- The pilot will escort you to the airplane and take off from the Gustavus Airport. The route for the day will be weather dependent and the pilot will determine a route to show you the best scenery. If weather prevents the trip from flying, we will issue a full refund.